A Beginners Guide to Social Media Strategy
50% of all businesses lack a basic social media strategy….
Even more companies haven’t documented the one they have.
It might not seem like a big deal at first, but not having a clear social media plan means missing out. Missing out on engaging conversations, showcasing your expertise, or growing your audience.
Some ways you know you’re doing it wrong:
- By picking the wrong channel.
- Targeting the wrong audience.
- Posting random content occasionally.
The worst part? Spending time week after week without seeing any results from your efforts.
However, If you do it right, you can build momentum and your social media potential and achieve the business-driven results you desire.
Here’s a step by step beginner’s guide to a solid social media strategy:
- Define your end goal, first
- Specify and target your ideal audience
- Set clear objectives for success
- Pick one channel and focus only on it
- Pick the right tool(s) for the job
- Plan and organize your content
- Take advantage of the format
- Maximize your audience’s reach
- Analyze and optimize your results
Developing a social media strategy may seem like a lot of work.
In reality, it’s simple.
Once you concretely define your end goal, the social media workflow and managing the content just comes naturally. Make sure and dedicate more time in the early stages and the later will be much more rewarding.
Feel overwhelmed at this point? Don’t worry. I have a social media strategy template to help you get started.